Stump Hollow to Forestry Camp, 9 September, 2018
- Eight participants: Teresa, Young, Dave W., Dave P. Jane, Susan, Steve, Max (the dog), and Laurel (the leader).
- Started hiking up the Stump Hollow trail about 9:00 after leaving a car at the end point near the Forestry Camp.
- Weather was sunny and warm but skies were quite smoky.
- Had a slight delay when group got separated near the start, but everyone was safely reunited about two miles in.
- Had lunch around 11:45 with a view into Peter Sinks area, saw a couple of deer down below.
- Investigated a sink with a very small opening at the bottom.
- After descending the Turkey Trail, some of which was a bit hot and dusty, we made it back to the car at about 3:30. That car delivered the other drivers to their cars at Stump Hollow, and those drivers then picked up the remaining people near the Forestry Camp on the way back to Logan.
- Arrived in Logan around 4:30.
- Hiked about 11 miles, with about 1700 feet of ascent and 2400 feet of descent
Thanks to Laurel for the narrative and photos Dave W. for the GPS data.