Tony Grove Creek Cross-Country Ski, 24 November, 2018
- Participants: Dave P., Dave W. and Teresa
- Drove 22 miles up Logan Canyon to the Tony Grove Winter Trailhead
- Started skiing east at 10:55 along snow-covered FR 141, continued east Lewis M. Turner Campground following an old roadbed along Tony Grove Creek (obviously an earlier road to Tony Grove). Ate lunch from 12:40 - 1:20 p.m., then resumed our uphill trek until we arrived at the (new) Tony Grove road at 1:50 p.m. We arrived at the Trailhead about 2:40 p.m. (the old roadbed sloped at an average 7.5% grade, enough for an easy glide back down).
- Skies were clear, with calm breeze and warm temperatures. There was 6-8 inches of snow on the ground, just barely enough for skiing on smooth terrain.
- Our GPS track showed 4.1 miles with 860 feet of elevation.
Thanks to Dave W. for photos and the GPS data.